Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Crockery disaster

For people who have a passion for cooking – regardless of 3-star Michelin chefs or people like yours truly (self-proclaimed masters of the kitchen), pots and pans of various sizes come in very handy while whipping up gourmet meals (in a different class of its own for my case).

Isn’t it delightful to just reach out and grab that cast iron skillet for some simple frying, or that wok for some serious action? Not when you have limited space in the kitchen! Spring cleaning today brought me into the kitchen, and handed me some serious scrubbing tasks. Besides cleaning the cooker so furiously that I damaged the paint job, I also noticed that I have enough pots and pans to prepare a full course meal for an entire concentration camp. That oven… what am I to do with it? Bake a cake or roast an entire chicken for myself?

Second part of the kitchen tomorrow, hopefully an easier day…

No comments: