Thursday, January 12, 2012

I feel like cooking!

Whenever I feel down and gloomy, I want to cook. When boredom strikes, I can hear the pots and pans chant my name. I like to cook, I love to cook. It is a way for me to keep myself occupied, to keep my insanity at bay.

The food stops tummies from growling, feeding people is one of my many passions (especially those who cannot cook to save themselves).

Sometimes I whip up dishes heavy in tastes, but I normally try to be simple and light. After all, isn’t life good if it is simple and straight forward? I love potatoes (this is supposedly good carbohydrate), prefer lean meat, and go berserk by introducing loads of vegetables. If rice is absolutely necessary, I will opt for brown rice over polished rice (I am a rice lover in disguise).

Self-styled fusion is a good way to go, you get to take shortcuts (less chopping, cutting and cleaning) to cook up a storm. However Chinese style home cooking is what I grew up with, thus it is sometimes necessary to drag myself through the lengthy process to satisfy the craving. As for my bowl of steaming hot soup, herbal will always be at the top of my list.

I feel like cooking, anybody up for some feeding?

2 comments:

Alice said...

Me! Me! Please feed me.

By the way, by saying "feeding people is one of my many passions (especially those who cannot cook to save themselves)", do you mean ME? LOL!

Suppachai Ty said...

I thought you can cook noodles and fry eggs?